Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Total Exhaustion......

No one ever said that having a child would mean giving up one of my favorite things, Sleep.  I had no idea how difficult it would be to get a decent night of sleep and how detrimental it would be on my mental wellbeing.  It may be one of the things that has made my impending layoff much easier to swallow.  I know that soon I will have the opportunity to take a nap when I am tired, or at least when baby Ruby is tired, and I won't have to be up before the sun to get to work on time.  There is also the factor of the husband, who has been off fighting fires in L.A., leaving the home duties for me to manage alone.  It has opened my eyes to the burdens and challenges of a single parent, or at least a taste of it.  I know that in a week or so I will have another set of hands to help out, but for now it is just me.
So, what does all this venting have to do with my future plans of creating thoughtful items that people actually want and need for thier children and for themselves?  I am not really sure.  But what I do know is that I am excited about the possiblity of exploring my talents and maybe make a little money doing it.  It would be wonderful to make money doing something I love.  It would be pretty funny if it actually became something profitable after years and years of college and a degree.  A degree in Liberal Studies and I do crafts for a living..... It would actually be really wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment