Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wednesday...day# too many.

SO...We have managed to make it all the way through the night in our own room. It was pretty much Ruby and I all last night since Ollie and Sarah were in the ER. He had some "breathing thearapy" to help him along with his funk too. Ruby is good as she can be. We lagged on a med time and she got cranky and sore, but we were able to catch everything back up and shes back to better spirits. Always have that Dora handy I guess to save the day too. I think my favorite times of the night was when a guy came in at 1130 to do an Xray on Ruby in bed. He wanted things to be SO perfect, and I had to keep telling him, "She's a 2 year old, strange place, drugged up, trying to get a xray in a bed...how perfect do you need it man, come on." then he quit and left for the evening. About 130am a guy ,Pat I think, Said time for an xray, did everything I was trying to help the other guy with and was out in no time flat. I was way more relieved to have him, way more understanding! Slowly through out the night, Rubys left side of her face started to swell....which is normal....but it got to having her left eye swollen all the way shut. I could tell it was making her upset, but this mirning in the last hour or 2, the swelling is slowly subsiding and I can see her eyeball again. So that a plus. Its hard for me to have to see her this way in pain and swelled up like this. If I could trade places I would do it with out blinking an eye. She is our little trooper and shows us that no matter what is dealt, as crappy as things could be, it gets better. Maybe not right away, but time heals everything and soon enough this is gonna be a distant memory and a normal life can begin for ruby. All I got to say is 3 days and a wake up till the worst is over.

2 comments:

  1. A mutual friend of ours has shared Ruby's story with us and I just wanted to let you and Sarah know that you are in our prayers. We have put Ruby on our church prayer chain and will also pray for Ollie and Mom and Dad too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Buddy-
    Hang in there! The old adage “When it rains it pours” certainly seems to apply to your family right now, but things will get better. Up here in the hills we’re thinking of you all and wishing you the best. Remember, if you guys need anything at all, don’t hesitate to call any of us.

    Damon - DTMC

    ReplyDelete