Monday, December 17, 2012

Amazing things are happening

We have not been very good lately about posting all the amazing things that have been happening.  I thought a quick video could lift your spirits if they need to be lifted.

Here is Ruby reading "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see?"


Believe it or not, this was only the third time we had ever read the book.  This was a couple weeks ago.  She has it memorized now, which is something I had really be concerned about.  With Ruby's hemispherectomy, as I always say, there are so many unknowns.  We hope for the best with her cognitive skills and abilities, but just don't know.  One concern her "team" has had was her inability or lack of interest in memorizing songs or rhymes.  She still doesn't really sing along with her friends and doesn't really sing with me like her little brother does, but I have to remember, she is Jason's daughter too.  I don't think I've heard him sing a word in the 12 1/2 years we've been together.  So, maybe that is just why.  But, the other night I laid down with her to read and thought I'd pick a new book and she loved it.  She was reading along with me after only a few pages.  This brought tears to my eyes becaues it really showed me a level of cognitive development and maturity I had never seen.
She continues to blow my mind.  Her explainations of things and past events has become more and more detailed.  Her more complex thinking abilities are becoming more and more aparent.  It is fantastic!

I only had a moment to update you so I will try to do another more detailed soon.

I have taken a few other video

No comments:

Post a Comment