Monday, April 9, 2012

One month post operation update

It has now been just over a month since Ruby's surgery and things are going wonderfully.  She is up and running as if none of this ever happened.  She is strong, happy, and healthy. 
I feel bad that I haven't taken the time to keep you all updated after the surgery.  It is as if our family is finally getting a chance to relax without any worries.  The hospital bills and lodging bills are paid and we are both back to work.  It is hard to believe that all the stress and anxiety I was carrying is finally over, hopefully forever. 
Thank you all so much for your prayers, hard work, and financial donations to our family. 

One thing I was thinking of is that I want to put together a book for Ruby of the journey to the surgery, during the surgery, the recovery, etc.  I was hoping to put together a collage of pictures of all of you.  I was thinking that if you bought a Ruby June shirt it would be awesome to have a few pages with photos of you wearing your shirt.  Or, if you didn't wear a shirt you could just include a photo of you and your family.  It would be amazing to have a visual representation of all the support she had from all over the world.  I am not sure if she will be able to understand how much support she had until she is older but I thought it would be pretty cool for her to be able to look at that book and see how hard she had to work and how much love she had coming from all of you.
If you want to include a photo of yourself, your family, please email it to ruby.june@hotmail.com
I am hoping to start this in a couple weeks, so if you want to include a photo (please do), send it within the next few weeks or so.

I will try to include periodic updates as to how she is doing, but since things have gotten closer to normal, I have not really thought to update the page here.  Thank you all again for your prayers to Ruby and our family.  All of your support has really changed my life and given me a new found faith in God and in the power of a loving community.

I look forward to seeing your pictures.  I will include the final collage when it is complete.

One more thing.  I want to send a special thank you to my fellow Tuolumne County employees who anonymously donated sick leave to me while I was away from work.  I can not believe how generous you all have been.  I had over 150 hours donated to help cover the time I couldn't be at work.  People can complain all they want about working for the government but I am so thankful to be back and feel very lucky to be working alongside some of the most generous people I have ever met.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment